Thursday 1 January 2009

2009 - a year to improve

Happy New year bloggers.

So have you laid out your new years resolutions??? I actually don't like to use the word resolutions - as what do I have to resolute?? But I do need to improve! So what do I need to improve on for the year 2009.

Health: You can never stop improving your health. This should be one of the highest priorities in everyone's life. We have one life and we should look after that life in the best way. Take in clean healthy food and get exercise everyday is the game plan for improving my health.

Nutrition: I can always always improve my nutrition! My promise to myself is to eat 100% clean 99% of the time, no processed foods at all, no bad snacks, no nibbles. As bread is starting to affect me in awful ways, I am going to try going gluten free on a lot of the food items that are processed, like bread and processed carbohydrates. My other improvement promise is to eat 5-6 meals everyday, including weekends where I often will eat breakfast and don't eat till very late afternoon - which will sometimes often end with a binge of something. So this will change and improve.

Dedication: This area has much needed overhaul, and the new year will require 110% dedication, in order to reach my BEHAG goals. Dedication and concentration are the main requirements to acheive and I WILL ACHEIVE!

Self Esteem: This is a very grey area, but like the three priorities in my life above, this will get equal effort placed on and I will improve my self esteem. I will be more confident with my decisions, I will not procrastinate and I will not hesitate at any point. Time to take the bull by the horns and my first step to this is to start taking progress pictures (thanks Steph, you put that thought into my head) on a more regular basis.

so these are my four main improvements that I will concentrate on. With improvement, there will come contentment! and that my friends is the ultimate improvement, contentment!

Ciao and again a very happy new year!

7 comments:

Stephanie Davis said...

Hehe, you're welcome Doris- its amazing the small differences you can see in pictures that are encouraging when you don't 'feel' much different.
I like your areas of improvement, there's no mention of 'weightloss' which is arbitrary and superficial- hope you are having a great first day of 09 :)

Fifi said...

Hey Doris! Great goals for this year.

I have such a great feeling about 2009. Not just for me. I feel like there is a real "buzz" around and there are going to be a LOT of people (including you!) achieving more than they think they can this year. I haven't been this excited and positive in a while.

PS - I'm off the bread too. I'm sure it stuffs me up in many ways.

Happy New Year!!

Frankie

SeLiNa said...

Go girl!!! There will be good things in store for you Dori, all the best!!
xx

Anonymous said...

I also like the way you didn't mention weightloss. I have a few things to think about and many to improve, self esteem is certainly one of them for me. As Frankie said there are a lot of positive vibes out there and I know we can achieve what we set out to do.

Miss Positive said...

Happy New Year Doris! Sounds like you've got a great plan for 2009 - I hope its a fantastic year!

See you at gym

Hilary xx

Andrea said...

Hi Doris,
I just had to post a comment and say how amazing you are looking. I met you briefly at the INBA comp in Brisbane in May (you probably won't remember though) and you have come sucha long way! great job.
Andjxx

Splice said...

Great post Doris, if your ever feeling down you should read this exact post again and again!
It's important we all stay as motivated as possible throughout the year and just as important for us to all continue supporting one another :-)
Deb x