Wednesday 25 February 2009

Not succeeding??? Not Believing????

Seeing results is always a motivation to continue! Regardless of what your goals are, the worst thing is when you don't see any results!

I haven't been up to blogging lately, but don't worry I have been lurking. I have been thinking about what coach has written on her blog and there lies a hidden gremlin for me. What this gremlin sees is that 'we' are working very hard at our training, we eat 75-85% (trying to be honest here) clean, follow instructions 95% (also here)of the time and see no real tangible results. Then 'we' read others blogs and posts and see that they are kicking some serious results and the gremlin comes out to play with the brain!!!!!! Heart is heavy, mind is doing a million other things but focusing on what it should be doing, emotions decide that they want to play too. The gremlin seems to have control on a lot of things within this body. Bah to the gremlin! The mirror has become the enemy and you avoid looking in to see the real you! Your mood changes from one minute to the next, taking a strange and horrible shape of despair, you start feeling like your goals are really out of reach! I WANT MY MOJO BACK!

Time to get out of the land of mental funk and reignite my desires!




'Be miserable, or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice!' - Wayne Dyer.

What are you training for?
Why do you have these specific goals?
What happens when you reach your goals?
How will you feel each day that you move closer to your goals?
How will you feel when you reach your goal?
What did you do today to work towards your goal?

Nicole Snell says that we all need a kick in the pants now and then. No matter how great we feel one day, we are bound to have a day when we'd like nothing less than to stay in bed. Just remember that those feelings will pass, and by using some re-assurance strategies, you can make sure that your bad day doesn't turn into the week of doom.

Well my gremlin let me down and allowed me to venture to the land of doom for about 2 weeks now. I have had enough. I WANT OUT!

Coach sent me an inspirational you tube clip that really set me about trying to inspire myself again. Now don't get me wrong, I have been training religiously - you know, turning up at the gym, doing what is required of me! Well now it is time to train like I want to train instead of training like I have to train. Now is the time to eat like I want to eat instead of eating like I have to eat. and most of all thinking postively and finding victories in everything I do each day.

So what did I do today to work towards my goal??

My victory today was that I trained hard enough to allow my niggling elbow/underarm injury not to be hurt, hammered it out on cardio for the morning session. Have eaten everything I planned to eat so far today. I have drunken half my water requirement and know that the rest will definately drunk before I get to bed. And the best thing of all.............I have broken out of the mental dumps!

I have also made an appointment to see a Homepath regarding the 'peri-menopause' symptoms I have been suffering for the last 2 years on and off (currently on) I have been to my local GP, and basically was told to ride the storm out!!! You know what, its time not to sit back and go with the flow, I need to make my daily life a little more easier with this issue, so that I can concentrate on what is important to me. Time to stop chiselling away at my committment I made to myself and my coach. It all boils downs down to not believing in yourself enough to commit to make it happen.

0 comments: