Tuesday 28 April 2009

Another day.....

Hey hey, theres a first for a long time. Another post.

Had a horrible start to morning. Stayed up and watched the finale of Biggest Loser (wishing Tiffany to win) and don't they just drag it all out so long. Anyways, finally I get to bed at 10.30pm (late for me - 8.00opm is my usual time), toss and turn all night with hot flushes and then getting cold (coldest night so far this year), only to turn off the alarm and keep trying to sleep. Finally I get up and manage to leave the house at 6.00pm. A whole hour later than normal, so I missed doing cardio. Did some rehab work that the coach has set for me and then did some proper weights workout. Starting to feel much better now. Weights just always puts me in a very good mood. a bit disappointed about no cardio.

So then get to work and was cruising along nicely, arranging to go back to gym to do boxing and even maybe a spin class afterwards, and accounts clerk goes home complaining of a headache. Now normally I don't really worry or care so much but today there were several factors that annoyed me.
1. We are one girl down as she is in Turkey on hols atm.
2. young receptionist had an appointment at hospital (mum has bowel cancer and she needs to have check ups every 6 months or so) so she left at 11.00am. So I was left there by myself. Again no problem but Tuesday is my usual half day and I had to stay back.................I don't get paid for it! Damn, now that is off my chest...............moving on.

I thought to myself, its okay, get on your bike at home but its broke. Need to look at iton weekend and get it fixed. With winter coming on, it will be harder to walk outside as there are no street lights or footpaths out where I live. Too dangerous.

I am starting to yawn.....................

Decided to take an extra long weekend this weekend. I am have Friday off as well. Wahoo. Gotta love that. Extra time at gym, maybe a sauna afterwards, shower then off to lunch with a bunch of top chicks to talk the afternoon away. Then time to take 'the son' out to dinner for his 20th birthday with the new girlfriend Amelia. My gosh, my son is 20 years old, I remember taking him home from hospital, a little yellow jaundiced baby who was 3 weeks premi. Just trying to work out where we might go. I thought maybe a trip into the city for dinner. We usual frequent the local hangouts and never really get to 'dine out'. Hmmm some more to think about.

Well it is now 8.30pm and I really need to go to bed as I have some serious cardio to do in the morning and then its Budget time at work. The forward financial and then they want a forcasted 5 year plan projecting a 5% growth each year. BUT we have to also produce a 5% saving in cost, especially indirect costs.

Oh well not to bore you anymore, I will sign off.

Ciao!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're never boring Doris. Especially now that I've met you and know better. ;o)

A sauna sounds like a very good idea. It'll be good to flush out the system of all those toxins that get caught in our pours.

Enjoy your long weekend!

Lia xxx