Saturday 4 April 2009

Feel Good Rush!

Feel the rush
We may not realize what caused it, but most of us have felt it. Whether we’re engaged in a leisurely swim or an adrenaline-charged rock climb, there is that moment when suddenly pain or discomfort drops away and we are filled with a sense of euphoria.
We have endorphins to thank for these moments of bliss.

Endorphins are chemicals produced in the brain, which bind to neuro-receptors to give relief from pain. Discovered in 1975, endorphins are believed to: relieve pain; enhance the immune system; reduce stress; and delay the aging process. Exercise stimulates the release of endorphins, sending these chemicals throughout the body. Endorphin release varies from person to person; some people will feel an endorphin rush, or second wind, after jogging for 10 minutes. Others will jog for half an hour before their second wind kicks in. You don't have to exercise vigorously to stimulate endorphin release: meditation, acupuncture, massage therapy, even eating spicy food or breathing deeply - these all cause your body to produce endorphins naturally.

There is nothing more satisfy than a fantastic rush after a good hard cardio session. That was what was on the cards this morning. A spinning session with the coach! WhooYah! And to top it off, it was a power session...................resistance, resistance, resistance. My quads were burning after the first power track, let alone after the rest. But man, I came away feeling pretty fantastic. Of late, I have been doing bootcamps on a Saturday morning and they are pretty hard. I usually bomb out about mid afternoon from lack of energy and my feet hurt from all the running. Certainly a awesome change doing an Hi Performance spin class and still boasting heaps of energy for the entire day.

Now the fun just didn't there. Meeting up with Coach of course, Lindy, Lia, Tara, Daniel, Shelley, Katie and Shannon. Now finally meeting Lia was fantastic, and not to mention her gorgeous man, Daniel. You have a catch there Lia. And not afraid to sit with a bunch of girls for several hours at a time. Meeting the lovely Katie and Shannon was an added bonus for me. and not to mention catching up with the angel Lindy and awesome Tara and stunning Shelley(man you are looking hot!). We were talking and catching up and enjoying vietnamese food for quite some time. It was like a family get-together. Talk about awe inspiring and reminding me of what I want.

There is nothing like meeting up with like minded people. It certainly gave me that extra boost in self motivation once again. So now I have a little more renewed vigor, it is time to rock and roll again with a little more ooommph! Look out gym, I'm hitting you hard next week.

Elbow pretty good today so it was a good decision to give upper body a bit of a rest. Now I just have to try and re-train myself not to sleep on my arms.

Okay, thats a first for a while, blogging one day after. Juices must be on tap again.

Have a great weekend!

Ciao!

7 comments:

LizN said...

Hey Miss Dori,
It was great to see you too - ccchanges since I last saw you - you're totally ripping it up :)

LOVE YOUR WORK!!!

Hugs
Coach (aka Mistress Satanica)

Shaboom said...

Hi Doris,

Great to meet and chat with you today :) Gotta agree, great to get together with like minded people. x Shannon

ss2306 said...

You go girlfriend!!

Wish I was a fly on the wall to see you smash your training next week with that awesome attitude.

Glad you got a chance to blog again.

Tara said...

WOOHOO GO DORI!!!!!!!

I couldnt agree with you more. It was like a family reunion wasnt it ;o)

I can't wait to catch up for that training session!! will email you later in the week.

xxx

Carolyn said...

Hey Dori! Ahhh, I'm sure one day you will learn to LURVE the cardio!! Sounds like you all had a great day at RPM - wish I was there to join you! Hey BTW- you are looking GREAT in that photo on Liz's blog! I reckon that's the smallest ever Dori I've seen...keep up the great work girl!
Take care and keep training hard!
Carolyn xx

Em said...

Sounds like you have had a smashing time!
Your post ooozes energy gotta love it :)
Smash it up girl :)
Em:)

Anonymous said...

It was a pleasure to meet you Doris. You're one funny lady, a sense of humour goes a long way with me. LOL!! As for my husband, he's a one of a kind which makes me the luckiest girl on earth. :o) xxx