Wednesday 8 April 2009

Brain Fart!


Don't you hate it when you are travelling nicely, eating clean and training well and you have a simple brain fart!


Now a brain fart: a lapse in a thought process; inability to remember something clearly; A spontaneous stupid (Stupid the noun, not stupid the adjective) usually accompanied by loss of train of thought .


Well my brain fart was in the shape of my nemisis: hot chips. I was running late home tonight and I got the boys to organise dinner. Well they thought takeaway was on the cards. They did well and got me grilled barramundi (the local shop cooks it on baking paper on his grill) but they got a double serve of hot chips. So without even blinking an eyelid, I put some on my plate and ate them..................................What the!!!!! Now my tummy feels pretty yucky and my head is feeling pretty stupid! I have had such a strict last couple of days and I go and blow it on crap. Oh I logged it on CK and duly spoke to myself. Now the plan is to move on and make sure that I try not to have a brainfart again.
Moving on...............
Injuries are slowly mending themselves and as we work on them more and more, the discovery is that I am very tight, my muscles that is. Even though it is joints that I am feeling the pain, it is actually the muscles around the joints that are the problem. They are tight and therefore pulling, resulting in limited and painful movements...................so recovery of the said issues is trigger point releases by physiotherapist (did I tell you how wonderful Louise is) and sports massage, I mean the real deep painful massages to release the tightness.
Very tired atm, work has been super busy. My company has won the job of doing some major work on Moreton Island cleaning up the oil spill and it has been huge from the word go. But exciting, nice to be involved in something that helps the environment.
Cardio training has been great, a great break from weight training. Now all I need to do is get into running again, but I think that will come naturally later on. When my feet stop hurting of course after running.
Well I guess I should go now, as I am now just jibbering on about nothing really. Heres hoping this weekend is as great as last weekend.
Ciao!

2 comments:

Em said...

Good to hear that your injuries are under control :)
I had to laugh at the 'brain fart' expression but alsos had to admit to myself that I to do the same thing!
Here's to a smashing weekend hun :)
Em:)

Anonymous said...

We use the term "brain fart" at work all the time Doris. But I'd not see that cartoon, thanks for posting it. LOL!!

Lia xxx