Wednesday 5 August 2009

A blank canvas??

Hey hey

Okay the whole “12 week Challenge” idea has settled in now and have started making plans. Unfortunately the one thing about doing the challenge with the gym, you have to take on one of the trainers at the gym, so I have chosen one. A young English male PT - Sean (who mind you is not bad to look at – so no complaints actually) who claims that I will have the added bonus of pure untainted English blood in him, unlike those here with ‘convict’ blood and that he is Michelangelo and of course I am the Sistine Chapel. LMAO! Now I have been to the Sistine Chapel and have a blurry photo to prove it (after the Italian guard yelling at me “NO PHOTOS” hehehehe) and found it quite awe inspiring……..so I started dreaming last night – I was awe inspiring! Positive thoughts created a positive emotion and I am absolutely raring to go……….lets get started already!!!!! Not that I have already been doing my thang………you know watching what I eat, eating 5 meals a day, getting my quota of carbohydrates and green veges (LOL – I think I am a green vege tank – gas included………phew!!!) and most importantly protein.


So the last month or two has been pretty good and I am starting to get small changes in my clothes. As part of my mini goals week to week, this weeks goal is increasing my cardio time – to get back that cardio fitness I used to have. Boy what a struggle when you stop or slow it down. I did boxing last night and 2/3rds way in, I was started to feel peetered and drained of energy, and my fantastic partner bucked me right up…….she pushed and spurred me on to give the last 3rd 250%. I think this is the first time in a very long time that I have been sore the next day from boxing – everything is just aching! Fantastic. And you know what I feel so great for the fact that I pushed through the barrier and took it to the next level, so with that in mind, I am having an absolute feel good day! Woot woo!

I guess I am having a ‘feel good day’, which usually is on a Friday.

I hope you all are having the same feel good day! I wish that upon you all.

Ciao!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Sounds like things are going well, Doris.

Louise Wedgwood said...

I've recently been doing some boxing classes at the gym and I LOVE IT! 1hr goes so quickly, and having the motivation of a partner as well as the fun of encouraging someone else is definitely part of the attraction for me.