Sunday 9 August 2009

For Steph

Hey Steph

this is my take of a cauliflower pizza crust

steam or bake cauliflower - do not boil - adds too much liquid to cauli. Blend 1 egg white, 50gm oats and 200gms cauli to make a dough. Press out on pizza tray and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 10-20mins to solidify the base.

Top with toppings and then grill the pizza - I found if you put bake into oven the base goes soft again, where as grilling melts the toppings but leaves the base a little harder. your toppings are your choice of course. My favourite isLayered 30gms grated mozzerella cheese, tomato slices, onion slices, olives, sweet basil leaves and fetta crumbled on top. Grilled for about 10 mins. mmmmmm Some attempts have been a bit soggy, but still taste pretty fantastic.

I should start taking photos of my food, so I can show you what it looks like.

Ciao!

1 comments:

Stephanie Davis said...

Hi Dori
THANK U!! this looks super!
I love getting creative with clean foods, especially vegies :)

I hope you are blazing trails with your 12 week challenge!!