Tuesday 11 August 2009

Sore Butt!


Sore Hammis and glutes!

Well I guess that what bending, lifting, carting will do to you. Sunday morning I spent in the glorious sunshine of Queensland, potting and re-potting my herbs, orchids and bromeliads! I got so carried away 4 hours just passed like that. One minute I was having breakfast, then next thing I knew it was 2.00pm and I had missed 2 meals…………Doh! But right now I have happy herb plants, orchids and bromeliads……………….. Then to top it off, I did sprints/walk up and down my driveway last night (gym closed due to public holiday in that area) for 30mins. Driveway as a very slight incline, but more challenging is running in the dark on very uneven gravel and road. Certainly worked those ankle stabilizers.

Well since signing up for the 12 Week Challenge, I seem to be having unbelievable will power! I am even shocking myself!!!!!! What makes this decision so different from any others that I have made and why is it easy to keep on the straight and narrow?? Is the external stimulus of taking action after being offered an incentive to win – am I that competitive?, is it the positive attitude, or is it …………………..? Maybe I felt stuck and didn’t want admit defeat, and the age old saying goes, to achieve anything worthwhile in life, it takes one more step, another repeated or different action and a single day at a time. I cannot afford to give up on my dreams and have decided that I have push and be harder on myself .


So here are some tips I stole from a motivation website to make sure that I keep on the current track I am on:
· Become more aware.
Do some serious thinking and analyze thoroughly before giving up. You need to become aware of what is standing in your way. For all you know, you might have allowed yourself to major in minor things.
· Learn to ask.
Learn to ask for what you want and seek for answers. You have to pause and listen. Your brain and your soul will give you the answers that you need.
· Write them down.
Write down your thoughts, activities, emotions and experiences. Make use of your writings to examine your life. Question them, learn from the mistakes and repeat your success.
· Make use of your mental images to invent something different.
Imagine where you want to be and what you wish to become. Make use of your creative imagination to design your future. Repeat the imagination exercise to enable you to push out self-defeating thoughts.
· Retrain yourself to think positive.
Look at the possibilities. Affirm to yourself that whatever it is that is against you is a challenge for you to stay strong. Your doubts and fears could arise from your lack of knowledge and skill. Get hold of that so that you can refocus and not abandon your dreams.
· Work harder than you ever did before.
You should work harder by taking more actions and doing things that will bring you closer to your goals. Refuse to surrender until you have done all that you can.
· Think about what you want and keep thinking about it.
To keep from giving up, stop thinking about it. You have to gain control of your thoughts because they produce the actions that you are going to take. Why focus on things that might end your dream?


Okay, so have done an awesome chest and tri workout this morning with Elsabe...........something very different for her, made her work harder than normal.....hehehehe and this afternoon we have a boxing session! Looking forward to that - hopefully no running, but you know what i am going to scratch that, running is my friend, i need to have running in my life. i am sure if I say this often enough, it will excite me! hhmmmmmm..... yeah right! Whoops what was I saying above - retrain thinking into positive thoughts...............running is my friend!. going to have an interesting morning tomorrow morning as it is the first training session with 'Michelangelo'! Be interesting to see his training style and no, I won't compare it to others, as each coach and trainer is different from the other. I still have my 'Coach' and can't wait until I start training back with her. But first 12 week Challenge and a win and then onto bigger things. Wish me luck.........funny if he works me to the point of vomit, at least I have all day to sleep it off........maybe lie in the sun and catch some rays.


Well best be off, enjoy your day.


Ciao!

1 comments:

Miss Positive said...

I reckon gardening is a great workout, and so is running up your driveway by the sounds of things!

Great to hear that you've got your willpower back!

Hilary xx