Friday 26 September 2008

Goodluck Tara! Goodluck Traci! Goodluck Harmony!

ANB comp is on tomorrow and I am going to come home with no voice. There are a few people I know competing, including one novice physique, who has so much natural muscle.



Now I am a known lurker to body building comps and really enjoy them. I want to compete in one myself oneday, hence the BEHAG journey. But on the days of the comp, I always feels so inadequate as there are so many fit bodies there and I look at mine and think, you should have put the hard yard in sooner you doh head! It is times like these when reflecting on your past journeys, that I feel like such a failure. I know I shouldn't and I know I am not, because I know how much hard work I put into it, it is just a visual aspect of it all. Take today for an example, I hummed and harred about actually going to the gym, then got there and stood around talking for a while, I guess sort of putting off actually doing something. Then I actually got into it, and pushed and pushed myself very hard, came out of it later, very very happy and I think very sore tomorrow. I did these deep squats on the standing calf/squat machine and normally I only go 20kg each side. Today I put on thirty each side and did 8 squats right down to the bottom, touched and the pushed up again...........what I did concentrate on was the pushup, making sure that the abs were completely switched on and that the push came from the butt. It felt good. I also felt the abs working very hard. and finished off the session after several other leg exercises with 15 stair runs. That felt good too. Was hard but felt good. I also was humming and harring about the powerwalk this afternoon, but got in and done it and now I feel very sore but feel fantastic at the same time. Albeit all these good exercises today means nothing if I don't eat right and I just didn't feel like eating today, nor take my sups today. So eats today have been quite limited and it is very naughty of me to do that. I had oats with teaspoon peanut butter and protein powder this morning then 1 carrot around 10.30am, about 1 &1/2 cups tossed salad with 80gms chicken for lunch and that is it so far. Not much hey, especially in light of the amount of veges I have been eating.



Well tme to go and put all the meat away, bake some chicken breasts, chop some veges and pack for ANB tomorrow. Will let you know how it all goes.

Ciao!

0 comments: