Monday 29 September 2008

Self Help - The Antidote!

The dictionary defines self-help as the act of helping yourself without relying on anyone else and improving yourself economically, intellectually and/or emotionally.

While I forgone the evening show for the ANB because my parents were stopping over, only to get home and discover that they had been and gone. Apparently my sister is in dire straits once again doesn't seem to be able to get out of her rut. I have since discovered that my darling sister is on the brink of being instutionalised yet again for paranoa, had to get a helping hand with a lot of money (sum undisclosed from parents) and going through her second divorce with a whole lot of dramas. Then to top what started as a great weekend into the most crappiest, my husband and i had a huge fight! There were a lot words said!!!

So I discovered that I eat crap when I have a whole lot of shit dumped on me. I had a serve of hot chips for lunch. But only that! So I guess that is not so bad. I have to help myself, I can not rely on others to help me, expecially ones close to me.

Success is assured if you work hard and continue with it, because you are in control - of your own thoughts, your own decisions and your own actions! Other people may interrupt but you have the choice on your next steps or actions.

So deciding on what is really important to you is a step towards self help. When you know what is important, you are able to manage your time, gain self control and organise yourself around your priorities. Having goals, purpose and dreams will focus your attention and change the condition of your life. You are the only one who can determine what you want to accomplish and experience.

I you find that life and people are treating yo unfairly, don't complain. Remember it is your focus of attention that is causing your state of unhappiness. Avoid putting the blame on them. Involve yourself in activities that motivate you and set out your future path. Give yourself the chance to believe that you are more capable than what you have accomplished this far.

Ciao!

3 comments:

Kie said...

To True and very well said
Kie xx

Anonymous said...

Surround yourself with as much positive energy as you can Doris. Remember you have the nicest smile and the best laugh. Fake it till you make it !!!!! And don't ever forget, YOU are an inspiration to others as well :):)
xxxxxSabbi

Anonymous said...

Well said, will take on that advice, Essie