Monday 24 November 2008

And here we go again!

Argh! woke up this morning and my hands and feet were swollen, feeling really tight and uncomfortable! hmmm. I know i didn't have anything to eat yesterday that would have jeopardised my journey (except the crunchie bar travelling home in car - forgo the afternoon tea for that and had to calm my nerves from my parents),BUT I did not have any fluids for most of the day, only about 1 litre all up, shame shame on me. It could be a build up to TTOM, as it has been 24 days since last one ..................or it could even be Ross River Fever playing up again after all these years................nah, doesn't feel like it, so cross that off the list. Now that is something not to enjoy, the aches and pains in your joints just about sends you nuts. Scale weight up as well.

I know you all are thinking why is she jumping on the scales every day............. it is not to see if I have lost anything but more to guage how my body reacts to different exercises and eating patterns. i do have these massive ups and downs in one day and it totally has to do with my recovery and circulatory system. This morning only proved it big time. i know that jumping on every day can play havoc with the headspace, but as I am doing this as experiments and gauging reactions.

As I woke up, feeling all puffy and swollen, i thought about giving gym a miss, but the inner beast inside, you know the one who is on this BEHAG journey, said "get the F*&$ up". So off I toddle to the gym, I thought it was upper body day, but upon checking it actually was lower leg day, so first day i actually groaned at the thought of doing leg weights. Anyways, I through myself into it, set up the bench this time instead of steps for my box squats, put on the obligatory 10kg each side of the olympic bar for the warm up session. Jammed out 10 reps, re-racked and then started stacking and moving. I got to the end of the 3rd set, now having 30kg each side, I thought stuff it, i was in no mood, so to punish myself, I threw on another 10kg each side, and managed 6 reps with good form. Legs shaking like a leaf! Whoa! and now I want me to do step ups with dumbbells! No bloody likley! so I opted out of the step ups, went to the cable machine and did weight lunge pulls. Still went heavy on those, had myself strapped into 50kg on the cable and did 3 sets of lunges on each leg for 8 reps. So now that is out of my systems, went back to my normal routine, Romanian Deadlifts, then Leg curls. now my legs really hurt. I thought ha! that will teach you for thinking of staying in bed in the first place. Then cooled down for 20mins on tready at 5% incline. now sitting at work, legs feeling a little warm and also dreading what tomorrow will bring!

So what is on the cards for the rest of the day.....................water, lots and lots of water.

Ciao!

1 comments:

RaeC said...

DAYAM!! That's some leg workout girl... teach you to even think of staying in bed right??? LOL!! xxx