Thursday 6 November 2008

Fall: A usually swift downward trend

a nice drop on the scale and so all is appeased!

Had a nice hot bath after work yesterday with epsom salts, to eliviate the Doms a bit and it seemed to work a treat. My legs are not anywhere near as sore from yesterdays leg session compared to sunday's leg session and i did more! Wahoo! must be a good thing! Did spinning this morning, was a little tight but a-okay.

Emotions must be heading in a good place atm, as there is a lady here at work who has just lost shit loads of weight (16kg in 10wks) and I am not distressed about it, in light that it takes me forever just to drop a little. BUT, she is almost starving herself in doing it (600-700 cals per day). I know I am better for what I am doing and I have faith and trust in the "coach" all the way! I want to keep that hard earned muscle that I have built up over the years weight lifting, you know the ones that I love!!!!! Even my personal issues at home are not affecting me atm, so all head space in good place and I intend to keep them there!

i am really enjoying my daily rountine, with exception to work, really would be good to win lotto, then I could be doing something that I really love to do instead of something that is just easy to do! I get up 4.30am every morning, have my supps, eat 1/2 of my breakfast (oats & cranberries), go to gym most days - except my day off - do either weights or cardio, drive to work, shower and change, sit at my desk all day long, then head home. Put a load of washing on, clean the kitchen, cook tea, eat tea, wash dishes, plan out and prepare next days food, get clothes ready, take my supps, go to bed, read for about 1/2 hour, (about 9.00is) fall into very deep sleep. So the day begins again. Whats not to love about that????? now lets break it down. i can not sleep in the mornings in summer, when it is light, it is time to get up right??? doesn't that happen for everyone??? Supps - well the taste is crap but I know they are helping me with an even keel on my systems. Everyone has to have breakfast, and I do love my oats with cranberries cooked with water, yummo! Ahhh, the gym, my favourite place atm. I just love the morning crowd, know most of them and the trainers there at that time. Quite often get lots of pushes from the trainers on the floor - like come on, what are you stopping for - all the while you are breathing so heavy because you just managed a really heavy set without a spot and it takes a good 60 seconds to recover to get ready for the next set, sweat dripping off the end of your nose and they say "comeon!"" Then the drive to work in the morning traffic (Oh Yeah!!!!!!) eating the other half of breakfast - usually a vege and egg bake thingy. Get to work, shower and coffee - all depends could be in opposite order - coffee then shower................nah too smelly - shower then coffee. All day at work - (another not so excited Oh Yeah! here) but food is good throughout. amazing how easy it is to keep to plan for food at work, of course you have nothing else available unless you go out, and I am in a very heavy commerical industrial area, so there are not a lot of shops around. Wahoo home time is finally here, get in your car and prepare for the 45min drive home. Get home, get on with some daily chores and prepare dinner - gee don't you wish that sometimes the men at home would just have thought about doing it one night - just one night would so make it nice........................but no, I don't have that luck! My son used to do once a upon a time, but as he progressively becomes more like his father, the nice sensitive new age person is withering away inside him. Then the preparation for the next day is a quick chore, off to bed - read a good book. I am so into the Stephanie Meyer series atm, I wish there was more to the sequel. I am not a romantic sort of person but there is something in her writing that just makes it so easy to read and go back for more.

Whoops! i have rambled on a bit...............sori to bore with the day in the life of Doris! Will promise to write about something else next time, maybe something more educational.

Well bloogers, enjoy your day as i am enjoying mine.

Ciao!

1 comments:

Splice said...

No need to apologize, it's great getting to know you, a day in the life of Doris!!! :-)
Sounds really full on, i'm so lucky me hubby cooks, cleans, irons and picks Nathan up from school, does homework with him and pretty much everything else lol.
I don't think I could cope trying to do what you do daily, I take my hat off to you.
I'm glad you have faith in your coach because losing weight by starvation is going to show it's true nastiness in a few months time in relation to your work mate when she stakes it all back on.
Slowly dropping the body fat is the right way, your on track girl.
Deb x