Monday 3 November 2008

Explanation better late than never!

Hey Hey bloggers, I meant to get back to the picture on Friday but it never happened.



Well there is a lot of catch up on from the last post! hmmmmm I need to remind myself............



Okay I think I left off suffering from loss of doing my favourite activities at the gym (instructions from coach). Well I listened to everything and am amazed at some of the reactions from my body. Last week I had an up and down week in the drop of scale weight, up one day due to a meal of roast chook then a really nice drop, maintaining it through out. Doing this little experiement I now am getting a sense of what will spike your weight. Interesting. So starting with the weekend before, it was a really good one, following plan to the t, doing weights on a Sunday for a change. Then last Tuesday did absolutely nothing...........physco Tuesday to nothing Tuesday.............now there is a first!!!! hehehehe.



I have been doing these box squats of late and I am hooked on them atm. Yesterday i went to the gym and of course it was lower body day. I got into my box squats and managed 8 reps on the olympic bar with 30kg each side! And i think I could have gotten heavier, but I didn't want to spend all day doing the same thing over. As it is I pushed 5 sets out to get that. Consequently my quads are in a little pain atm. I just love the way when you go down and sit on the box, your core slightly releases it self, then you have to switch everything on to stand back on again. The pull through you quads, glutes and abdominals is sensational.



It is a rest day today, so no gym, no cardio, nada, nothing, zip, zilch.



Eating I have relaxed a bit, gotten into the groove of dirty dianna's and clean eating, learning to release yourself to the flow of everything in moderation. I plan my day out, but it may change slightly, but stays well within the plan. Saturday night we went to friends place and it was an 'Indian' night, they made curries galore and we all had to bring something to compliment. So I made an entree of mini tandori kebabs (chicken and lamb) a garlic yogurt dressing and a indian style salad with lettuce and yoghurt dressing, chopped cucumber, tomato, parsley and mint on top. Yummo! Very refreshing. I drank 2 glasses of wine and even had some desert. And all still within the planned day. Don't you feel fantastic knowing you didn't blow out especially when you really have no control over the food made. I walked away feeling pretty satisfied.



Now back to the picture on Friday, it is exactly 21 days since my first period in 9 months and they have decided to visit again, but this time, there was no warning, no emotions, no nothing except very sore breasts!(I haven't had those since before I was pregnant and that was 20years ago), so the general feeling was fantastic, maybe everything is coming back into alignment and we will see some good changes happening. Bit of a bummer that TTOM came a week early but all good, only ever lasts 1-2 days and following to plan, that is how long it did last. If it is going to be this easy from here on in, bring it on I say.



But to say the least, I was expecting a hike in weight due to TTOM, as you do, holding fluid etc etc, but there was no hike, infact there has been some very minimal drops! So good things happening????? We are still out with the jury on that one for a while, lets just see what the next few weeks bring.



Work has been horrendiously busy, with changes within the Group structure and now they are bringing changes within each individual entities. The change that will happen with my company, is that they want to bring in a Financial Controller. I got a bit hurt, as i thought that it may have been a natural progression for me.............hmmmmm maybe time to move on, but I will wait and see. Because, there is not enough kitty in the budget to warrant both an accountant and a Financial Controller. Sooooo where does that leave me.................hmmmm somthing to think about. The business is becoming a little top heavy and that worries me a lot. The industry is a male dominated business and especially my company, the gender plays a big role here, you really have to have the right tool to get the right recognition. So you are saying why are you still here???? Well the pay is very good for the work that I do and the work is so easy!!!!!. And i know for a fact they will not get rid of me, because of the history with other people etc etc, something really not to get into! Oh well I just my usual thing and be complacent - seems to be the story of my life - complacency! I have to start to learn to fight!



so getting on the subject of feelings. I am feeling pretty good about the little changes that have happened, also feeling good about the emotion side of TTOM. If only this feeling would stay this way. But I am still not quite relaxed in the little amount of exercise I am doing, probably because i was doing so much for so long......................it still feels like I am not doing enuf! You know, it has been drummed into me over the years, you need to expend more energy you take in, and you really need to up the anti when you have an extremely sedintary job, like I do, so it only makes sense that you should do more cardio. BUT I don't want to lose that lovely muscle I know I have underneath this doona layering I have on top. Like I said, maybe after a couple of more weeks I might just relaxed that front as well, like I have with the food.

So lets get on with it and bring on the new week. I am excited to see what the results will show over the next coming weeks.

Ciao!

6 comments:

Tara said...

Hiya Doris, you did have me a little curious as to the pic and lack of txt. I am so happy that things are starting to work better for you. Have faith!! There have been times when I have questioned things, you just have to trust the boss and have faith and the results will speak for themself.

Have a great week.

Tara xx

ss2306 said...

Hey Doris

Nice work over the past week. You're on the right track, just don't let go of the rails and keep looking forward to the bright light throughout this tunnel called life.

Luv Shelley

Anonymous said...

Glad it's going well Doris, keep up the good work. Erika

Magda said...

Awesome work Doris!!

M

Em said...

Hi Deb,
Sounds like some smsashing progress chicky :)

Keep up the great work hun.

Em:)

SeLiNa said...

Well done Doris!! Your body is probably wondering what on earth is going on with all the rest!!
And obviously loving every bit of it!!
Physique, here she comes!!!
xoxo