Wednesday 5 November 2008

ARRGHHHHH!

To quote Shelley - You dumb m*&^$rf*&^%rs! What the!

DOMS and TTOMS are not a good combo! Yesterday I had a slight increase in scale weight, then this morning it was through the roof! I hate you I hate you I hate you! There I vented! Doesn't it just screw with your head!!! Oh well, not to cry over it.

Did another massive leg workout this morning, actually got more heavy reps out than sunday! I was on fire! I did 5 sets on the box squats with olympic bar, last set 30kg each side and managed 10 reps, all good form. The last 2 reps were on pretty shaky legs! Wahoo! me thinks there will be some serious DOMS again real soon. Also did a really heavy deadlift set too. You know, I used to hate doing legs and always always put them off until the last day of the week. now I am really enjoying doing them atm, looking forward to doing them 2 times a week. Might have to book myself in for a massage on weekend on legs, hamstrings are a little tight, to say the least! Got a nice soak in epsom salts planned for Friday night.

On the food front, have been keeping to plan, had a little dirty diana for lunch yesterday at work, even had a beer - and I am not really a beer drinker. The boys went out and got me some Pure Blonde, they reckoned i would like it and it was low carb as well. Well they were right, it was quite nice.

On the emotion side of things, all good as far as emotions go, but having a little issue with my married life. It seems that i am not liking what I see at home, but that is something for me to digest and sort out. I feel like I am growing out of my marriage, and that I am only staying because i am complacent, not wanting to change. Oh well there are worse things that can happen.

Okay, time to get started with work, hope you all have a great day!

Ciao!

3 comments:

ss2306 said...

Don't let them screw with your head Doris. They are just a piece of metal, a thing, a tool but most importantly only one indicator of progress and do not always tell the true story. You know why they have gone up so you know it can't be fat. They'll come down just as quick with hopefully a bit more. Tell them you'll beat them. If you still can't get your head around this tell them to go f@#k themselves!

Splice said...

Geez Doris, that's a pretty big statement you made about your marriage, how long have you been married? I hope everything is okay.
It's great to see everything else going well except for the TTOTM that is!
Deb

RaeC said...

You need to take on and live by one of my rules...

NEVER weight yourself at TTOTM

Put your hands in the air and step away from the scales Dori.

Wait until TTOTM is finished and then step on the scales. You will NEVER get an accurate scale reading around this time xxx