Friday 29 May 2009

Keeping it with you

So now yesterday I posted on how I have wasted 8 months of quality time to my BEHAG and also admitting that I do need guidance, I am not invincible. So the struggles that I have placed myself into over the last 8 months seem so stupid..................but they have also been valuable lessons. This will add to my arsenal to maintain this current focus. I will remind myself daily of the wasted time.

Today started fantastic and is currently ending with a slight anxious feeling. Last time I was at a competition, I sprouted that I would be half way to my goal to compete at the end of the year..........and now I have to face the people that I sprouted to, in exactly the same position I was then. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I am worried that I will be judged. So a slight extension has to be made to my BEHAG!

I wrote on my office wall today, as I spend more time there than anywhere else at any length of time : "Do you want to compete?" "Ask yourself". So this is what I am looking at 5 days a week, everyday, all day and it is something for me to discuss with myself on a day to day basis. This week has been an exceptional strong week - good training (fantastic actually) and brilliant food.

So renewed vows and motivation but how do we continue with this journey. I wonder????? One day, one step, one bite at a time, I guess. Simplify.

My aim is to increase my level of commitment along the way. Increase my 'mental toughness'.

Amazing how something small can help in something. I have been suffering DOMS in quads all week and coming up the end of the week, I had chest and tris to do, then 20 odd mins of interval training, atm I am doing resistance sprints on elliptical trainer. After the 3rd sprint, I was thinking, shit my legs hurt, I could forgo the rest of the exercise and give my legs a bit of a breather. In front of me, was Traci on the treadmill, doing her last steady walk before tomorrow and giddy-up! Kick on! My whole thought process changed to ............'if you complete this session, your legs do not hurt, nor does your chest, you are one day closer to that BEHAG. What keeps you motivated? I am interested to know!

Well thats for now folks, gunna go to bed. Need my sleep! been up since 4.00am.

Ciao!

0 comments: