Saturday 30 May 2009

Up early! Ran a marathon last night in bed according to my husband.......no wait, his exact words where " were you training for a body building competiton last night"...Hehehehehe! YES I AM! LOL, how bizarre!

On a good spin of the week, after being extremely vigilant and putting in some awesome training, being provided with some pretty good DOMS, I had a very very nice drop throughout the week. So week one almost a success - but wait there are 2 more days to go. I have been up this morning and got all my food ready to take with me, so no problems there. Except dinner, don't know if I am going to stay or not - depends at the time.

I was reading Katie's Blog and I went a looked back at what I wrote exactly one year ago today, well I didn't but I did post tomorrow!! Title was "Not so Simple" On the surface, losing and gaining weight is simple; take in more food that the calories you use through metabolism and exercise and you gain weight. Take in fewer calories than that and you lose weight! Simple..................or not! Losing fat is difficult because your body fights hard to keep you at a constant weight - lose weight rapidly and the body release hormones that make you hungry and slow your metabolism down.

Now getting back to my great surprise this morning, it is truly interesting that after you are rewarded with results from a week long of dedication, concentration, motivation and determinaton how it can make you keep on the straight and narrow. But I really think this is the point where you really need to concentrate and maintain your thinking process and keeping your eye on the game plan. As I was eating my grilled salmon and steamed broccoli last night, watching my husband eat his pizza, the wee food beastie was talking to me - you know you have worked hard all week, one small piece is not going to hurt you. But when the wee food beastie whispers something like that into your ear, you know you ain't gunna stop at one piece, especially if it is a really good pizza, and the way my husband was drooling over it, I assume it was good! But you will be pleased to know, I did smack that wee beastie down and just stuck to my dinner and now I am ever so pleased I did. I was rewarded this morning for my efforts. Wahoo! Gotta love that.

Well I need to go have a shower, find something to wear that I will feel comfortable in, pack my food and head off to give some major yelling to the lovelies at the ANB.

Ciao!

3 comments:

RaeC said...

Sounds like you have had an awesome week Dori... keep up the great work babe xxx

Doris's BEHAG journey said...

Yes I have Rae, it has been just a killer. I have been a bit out of sorts for a couple of weeks, then had a week of to clear the head and now back with more determination. Thanx!

Anonymous said...

Good on you Doris, I'm hoping - no not hoping - I will have a week like that this week! Essie