Monday 20 July 2009

Nothing is impossible

So how was your weekend???

What can I say about mine???????? I am feeling a little funny today, but a good funny. Its hard to explain………….I feel happy, excited, tired, energetic, elated, flat and eager all in one go? What’s with that??

I have had some pretty good days training since I last posted. Well we all know about the major DOMS from legs, then the next day I smashed out a fantastic new PB in Chest Bench, only to jump up excited punching the air and then it hit me……………..oh shit, I need to go up in weights. Needless to say, the weight is already quite heavy!!!! Oh well always great to improve, but I need to do it slowly, as you can always get stronger muscles quicker but your tendons often are left behind, and you will struggle with them………so next week I will pump out my second set at the heaviest weight for as many reps as I can. Can’t get too strong too quick!.

I have been talking to some pretty inspirational ladies of late, not to mention those who are on forums and have blogs. This has pushed my energy levels as well and like some previous posts ago, something has just gone SNAP! All just clicked into place. Maybe because I am not stressing over it, just going along for the ride. While a passing chat with a brilliant mind on Saturday, I came to some realisations that the choice is always mine, like an incident with dinner in the beginning of the week. Long story short – had a dish, asked if it was fresh, came out to table different than when told at ordering. Ate it anyway but when reflecting on it, I could have changed the result slightly and would have had better of for it, eating the same dish. So now with this being discuss, I have taken on food purchased outside of the home in a different perspective and will embrace it, rather than obsess over it! Phew, it was like a ton of food issues just gone from my head! Wahoo! Everyday is a choice, a choice for us to make. The discussion finished with that if I feel a deep passion for something enough and I can create focus, commitment and perseverance, anything can be accomplished and my so called “impossible BEHAG” dream can become very real indeed.


I came across this quote and just love it. I don’t know who the author is?? Anyone know?? I do know that is was a very successful ad campaign for Adidas with Mahumod Ali and many other famous athletes (just Ali stays in my mind).


Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.


With that I will leave!

Ciao!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Doris, I love the quote as well. My mind is also going into that changeover mode as well.

Fifi said...

Seriously...must be the frikkin' planets cos I'm feeling good "we're gonna do it this time" vibes all over the place...which, ya know..we CAN.

Doris's BEHAG journey said...

Wahoo! We can do it! as Arnie says!!

Anonymous said...

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

EVER,

EVERYTHING YOU WANT IS RIGHT THERE

XOXO

SABBI