Thursday 9 July 2009

You have to find out what is stopping you!!!!



Okay, so I am still alive. I have been absent from computers at home due to the time spent on them at work (never ending story there). I have been very remiss of blogging, facebook and even my emails for a month. I think I have about a 1000 of unanswered emails that I need to sort through this weekend.

I have been full at it at work and consequently have let all things else suffer…………….BEHAG journey, house and home, social life and myself!!!!! But this downward spiral really does have to stop. It really is a amazing to watch when you let your guard down just how much can really go down hill. Then you start feeling pretty crappy on top of that and you start to become a recluse. Talking to a friend of mine who is currently part the way through her Naturopath Degree, she said that there is a result of a study done that women who are going through menopause or suffering symptoms of, often will become reclusive during that time. Downside to that is when I stay at home more, I become more lethargic and all I want to do is read which results in a widening of the rear end!!!!! Damn!

In an article I read, Dave Robson says “It is part and parcel of human nature to have bad days, times where low motivation levels prevents us from reaching our full potential”. I have to agree with him that accepting this statement results in failure on my part, to which has been the case the last month. But looking at the failure as a learning curve as well, the lesson learnt is to keep the eye on the prize at all times. I have to program myself to accept failure, and gear up for success from the lessons learnt. Something in his article also rang true for me, that when you are highly motivated, you do put more effort into you reaching your goals and the exact opposite when the motivation is at an all time low.


I have noticed that when my motivation is at an all time low, I don’t visit blogs, or motivating websites or even turn my computer on at home. Its like a wave of despair washed over you and the grey haze around you doesn’t let you see the door, then after a while (a month in my case) you remember you have fog lights and you turn them on to find that door. Whoops passing a mirror in the way you notice there are some changes as well. I wish my fog lights were like my car lights – automatic! Interestingly enough when I do have these moments of sanity, remembering what I want, the automatic button wants to kick in. Like now, and I am thinking “What the hell happened to the last month” It was a ‘Homer Simpson “DOH!”’ moment!
So heres to a new start and hopefully another lesson learnt. Note to self – Try to keep that Automatic button on!
So now I leave you with a pretty neat focus poster! In the words of the great Arnie "I'll be back"!
Ciao!

3 comments:

SeLiNa said...

Hey!!
Was wondering where you'd been. Hope things keep getting better for you.
xx

Doris's BEHAG journey said...

Hey you! Goodluck and knock them for the best. Need photos.........lots and lots of them. i am getting there - it can only get better! kisses!

Anonymous said...

Hi Doris, glad to see you back. I am exactly like you with motivation and hibernation. Mine's been missing in action for a while ... But back into it. Erika