Sunday 8 March 2009

Just some yabba




Heroes!

Peter Gibbon, author of "A Call to Heroism: Renewing America's Vision of Greatness". "It's unthinking admiration. Whereas 'hero' comes to us from the Greek word meaning half-god and half-human."

Real heroes have three attributes, he says. The first is extraordinary achievement — they have to do something incredible. The second is bravery or courage, which can be physical or moral.

"And the third attribute, which all heroes have, is character or greatness of soul," he says. And the more of these three qualities you have, the greater the hero you are."

I have my heroes............and they are people whose blogs I follow. They have amongst themselves many of the attributes listed above. The Coach, for her extrodinary achievements and character. I would recommend her as coach to anyone and everyone, but not to take precious time away from clients who need her. People like Carolyn and Tara who have made an amazing journey and an awesome mentor. Shelley for her totally no nonsense character (I think of Wonderwoman character best depicts her). I just love reading her posts every morning. Shame that something has upset her to make it private now. Lia and Rae, for their strength in light of their horrible year that has gone by. Selina, Deb, Nicole, Magda, Shar, Steph, Frankie, Em............. ohhhh I can't just keeping listing them all. So just saying all the bloggers on my list are obviously people who I admire and follow their journeys, journals and mumblings because it inspires, encourages and incites me to do better at my quest of the "BEHAG".

Well I had a good start to the weekend with food and training. Did boot camp again Saturday morning, and this time I wore my heart rate monitor to gauge what I get up to. Lots of running, boxing, suicide runs, tyre pulling, pushups, situps, squats.......oh you know the drill, anyways, my max heart rate was 215 and minimum was 132 bpm. for 109 minutes. then I had an omelette afterwards, did some shopping then proceeded to go down to Tenterfield to the "Bavarian Oktoberfest"


Saturday night had a knackwurst, sauerkraut and pretzel. I know, not on the menu..............but hey when in Rome!!!!!! Becks, Becks and more Becks!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually, no I did not have some Becks, but everyone else did! Me,it was water water water. Dancing and listening to a real Bavarian Oompapa Band just to put you in the mood. Tenterfield went all out and decorated the great hall to look and feel like a real Fest Haus in Germany. There were many men in their 'Lederhoosen' and women in their 'Derndel' - traditional dress. for men it was leather long shorts with bib and brace. Women a dark dress with a fullish skirt to knee with a embroidered bodice and mock apron. I am sure you have all seen pictures before. This is my heritage, so I introduced my hubby to Beer Fest. Sunday a leisure day spent with friends on way home who have purchased a farm at Goomburra..........a running creek right at their back door, breeding Lowlines, a miniture cow (cute too). So happy for them, they are doing what they wanted to do. Now at home reporting, about to go and log in CK what has been eaten over weekend. Have a good week.

ciao!

4 comments:

Fifi said...

I love this blogging community to Doris (you included of course). Everyone one on my list has something to offer and something to add in that 'muddled mix' in my head.

I don't know how I got by so long without you guys.

Anonymous said...

Doris like you I'm inspired and motivated by our fellow bloggers. But more importantly it's the every day people like yourself who continue to provide me with the desire to improve my health and fitness.

I hope I get to meet you in a month when I'm up there. :o)

Lia xxx

Em said...

You forgot one hero.....

Yourself :)

You are a hero to me, you inspire and incite me :)

You have had a smashing weekend by the sounds of it, I love pretzels wee have a man at our local farmerrs market that makes them right in front of you, oh so yumi :)

Have a great week hun :)
Em:)

ss2306 said...

Sorry Doris about closing shop for a week. Sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do. Open for business again tomorrow.

Hope you are well.