Wednesday 8 October 2008

And so it keeps going..........

So as the days goes on, the less the mist hangs around. I now have compared my blogs over the last few months and a pattern has appeared. Apparently I seem to suffer some sort of 'blue feeling' every 4 weeks, soooooooo what I think I am saying is that this is like a 'period'. I am having an emotional letdown rather than the physical period letdown. Since I have not had a period since February, I am thinking it has been replaced with this sucky emotion crap once a month. So I will keep on checking my symptoms just to get a total idea of pattern. But you know what, it is great to write about it. You get comments and encouragement that just help lift you out of it and this time around, there was absolute success in not straying from my eating plan.

A bit hungry today, I get full after all my eats but an hour later, I feel I need something more. Does this mean the metabolism is working or just feeling of wanting to be full??? Ah the question of what is right and what is wrong? You know what, the best thing of all would be some results. I guess what is making it very hard to swallow atm, is that there is a work colleague who has started to watch what she eats, but eats empty calories ie sprouts, tinned pineapple, tinned beetroot, 1/4 avocado, about 30gms smoked salmon is an average lunch - anyway getting off track there, she has lost 35cms and 6 kilos in 5 weeks. Makes it very hard indeed when I have been so vigilant for almost 8 weeks with very clean food, raw veges and a form of protein and I have no results. The worse of it all, she does not exercise at all???? Go figure, I do weights and cardio every weekday and cardio on weekends. Ahhh but it is no good comparing my journey with her journey. Life is meant to be different and difficult for me for a purpose. This destination of my journey has been set for a reason and hence I must keep strong on that path. Persistence, perserverance will prevail and payoff. Gotta keep telling myself that. It will happen.

Ciao!

2 comments:

Splice said...

Doris are you going to be at the INBA Aussie titles?
I would love to chat more with you if you are going.

Hang in there on your meal plan, you will see results soon. Perhaps you are hormonal atm so try to ride through it, I know it's challenging.

You say after your meal you are satisfied and then an hour and a half later you feel hungry again, perhaps when you feel this way you could try drinking a large glass of water, wait 10 minutes and then see if you still feel hungry and if you do eat some greens :-)

Stay strong,

Deb xx

Doris's BEHAG journey said...

Hey Deb

Unfortunately I will not be going to the Titles, have a prior engagement. i am hanging in there, just feels good putting it to paper and out of my headspace. Again reminding myself persistence and perserverance will pay off.

xxDori