Wednesday 1 October 2008

Necessary Awareness!

Be respectful and mindful of yourself.

There will be times when your immediate wants will be in direct conflict with you long term goals. One part of you will have a strong urge for something yummy (and obviously fattening) but you haven't given up your desire to succeed your long term goal. Immediate wants - to satisfy craving. Long Term goal - to compete physique. So I was reading an article this morning that suggessts you discuss the issue at hand - wants vs long term goals.

Right now I feel like something yummy for lunch, actually feeling very hungry atm. I have lunch packed but sort of don't feel like it - mind you it is a yummy lunch too! So what do I do?? The article suggesst don't follow your impulses for immediate gratification, nor don't tough it out and ignore the craving. Often by ignoring cravings you will eventually pig out and eat more that you would have by satisfying the craving in the first place.

Possible solution - go and use your awareness and knowledge of the fat and calorie content of foods, and find something that will both satisfy yourself that is lower in fat and calories and won't sabotage my long term goal! So what do I crave - grilled fish, but problem being is that I haven't grilled the fish myself (use scanpan at home so no oils added). What do I have packed - chicken breast - have had this for the last 3 days and today feel very tired of it. I don't think that one serving of grilled fish will hurt my long term goal. So I am giving into the craving, justified it with myself and shall totally enjoy it!

ciao!

0 comments: