Thursday 9 October 2008

Today's Chapter

Well today has been a good day, the mist is almost gone again. Wahoo! About bloody time. Got off to a good start today with an awesome shoulder workout and then did some rowing for 20mins later. Did alternate rowing styles ie 1 min high row, 1 min low row for the entire 20mins. Talk about burning muscles. I am already feeling them tonight. After work, went back to gym on to the tready for another 20mins and an hour of body balance. Feel nice and stretched. Also food was fantastic today, got in all those veges I needed to eat and tonight I ate 'dirty'. Love that word.............lol! I had a roast lamb, tomato, onion and lettuce sandwich, instead of the protein and green veges that I normally have. It was great.

The best thing about today, is the mist..............it is going away and I am laughing again. Woot woot. I am starting to feel confident again about my BEHAG and the never ending quest for the elusive body image. So now baby steps once again. so what have we acheived so far. Well, there has been the public anouncement of my BEHAG - 30th July 2008. I didn't measure myself then, so I can not compare changes (if any) since then. But I will do so once a month. Hopefully there are some small changes. I have changed my eating habits, increasing my vege intake and my supplementation. So I have made some small changes, waiting for the big changes.

I pulled some info that I posted on my previous blog, thought I would revisit.

seven steps to follow by Robert A Rausch (it was actually a management leadership article but it can and will be applied to everyday wants and needs - like my mojo!)

  • Always maintain your desire for what you do. Desire creates core energy. If you think you may have lost it, think back to a time when you felt strong desire for what you were doing. When you do remember, write your thoughts down and make it a habit to review what you've written several times a day. At the heart of all energy is DESIRE!

  • Believe in something bigger than you. Ben Franklin said, "A man wrapped up in himself makes a very small bundle." Being sefl-absorbed wastes a lot of energy. Find something bigger to believe in than yourself, like your goal!

  • Find a reflector. A reflector is a colleague, buddy or a coach. It has to be someone not involved in your daily life whom you can talk with honestly and candidly. I also suggest not picking someone loaded with unsolicited advice, but someone who will listen, support and encourage.

  • Guard your mind. As best you can, surround yourself with people who are realistic, but who also have the attitude that you are going to make this work.

  • Don't neglect your emotions. Emotions are part of human nature. The harder you try to hide a feeling, the more that feeling will dominate your life. Fear, anger, frustration, love and sadness are natural emotions. Don't play the strong woman and try and ignore these feelings. Feel the emotions; express them appropriately, with the appropriate people at the appropriate time. Believe it or not, it's refueling to express emotions.

  • Normalise the struggle. I think sometimes we are under the false assumption that we're not supposed to struggle. Struggle is part of the game; without it there is little to no growth. It's when we meet the resistance that we get stronger. Energy is lost when there is too much complaining about the present situation and too little appreciation for the opportunity to grow.

  • Change the direction when necessary. Some difficult times cause us to re-evaluate where we are and where we need to go. Look for the inconspicuous messages. maybe you are being directed in a different way or to approach the situation in a different way. If you waste energy on worry and fear, you may miss the very thing that will create success.

  • Finally, don't take yourself too seriously. Given time, all things change. Theses are days that require strong desire and the courage to maintain it.

Time to quickly go and pre make my breakfast and lunch. I will do the rest tomorrow morning before I go to gym.

so guys talking to you all real soon

xxD

Ciao!

0 comments: