Thursday 23 October 2008

Huge gap between posts!

Hey hey bloggers, remember me???

Well it has been a while since I have blogged. Just been busy reading the Stephanie Meyer series atm, don't seem to be able to put it down of late. Good books.

So whats new with me......................hmmmmm!

Of late, I have been in a good place both with food, emotions and exercise. I have actually backed off on my gym time under instructions and as a result have had some RESULTS! Wahoo! About F*&^%#X@ Time! I did try to cheat but my conscious would not let me do it.............. so heres how it starts.

Monday morning get up after having a good planned weekend with food, even had treats and a 'Dirty Diana' meal. Scales went up, but have been told to relax and just watch............so that is what I did. For the first time I actually relaxed about the scale reading. I missed going to the gym Monday, slept in and had to race to work. Tuesday woke up, jumped on scales and there was a good drop from the previous day, to lower than the starting point on Friday. Wahoo! What a nice feeling to see some positive changes. But knowing my pessimistic side, I doubted that this would continue. Now Tuesday is my psycho crazy day at the gym but i was instructed to back the hell away!!!!!! So I was only allowed to do a warm up cardio for 15mins and then a good heavy weights session. Then banished from gym for the rest of day, do not go back. Do you know how hard it is to do that, especially when you love doing certain classes and group pt sessions. Tuesday afternoons are my boxing and spinning class day, and I just love it. I was going to cheat and go and just say i didn't go, but driving there, yes I actually started to drive there, I thought of my commitment to my BEHAG and promptly decided to have faith, and turned off and went home! Phew that was hard but it felt good at the same time! I had the will! and I go more time to read my books.

Well Wednesday morning came and I got up and jumped on scales..............another nice drop. hmmm maybe there is something happening here and i should stick to a good thing. So again i did my 15 mins warm up cardio and a really good heavy sessions of legs and weights, then to work. Now normally on a wednesday night I walk on tready for about 30-45mins but again was advised not to do a thing...............a person could really get used to this! So I did just that and got to spend more time with my book.
Thursday morning came (today), jumped on scales and another drop! OMG! is this really happening! Now in saying this, I am thinking because I am getting some results and I am feeling a little chuffed about it, could I be jinxing myself! Tomorrow will be the proof. Fingers crossed. So today was a cardio morning and I did Nikki's crazy spin class this morning, I had forgotten how she loves to concentrate on those legs. But it felt very good, suffering slight DOMS from yesterdays weights, but all good. But now heres the cruncher.............I always do body balance on a Thursday night, great stretch, great sweat and just a relaxer, but again i have been warned off balance. As balance can be pretty intense if you are doing it right, and i assume I must be doing it alright, as i sweat profusely when I do it, that it was advised that this had to be missed as well. GASP GASP all I could do was hyperventilate! What you take away boxing and spinning and now balance.........................nnoooooooo! But in the back of my mind I am at complete ease because i do trust this decision, so i will not do balance tonite. So now everyone is thinking, why can it harm you with all this extra exercise I am giving up at the moment, well it is to help me recover as it has been diagnosed that i have an overtrained body and the vasodilation is not recovering well. We need to start from scratch so as to speak. Teach it to work effectively again. What does that mean?

It means that i need to concentrate on eating correctly, keep caloric intake to match my required energy levels, drink plenty of fluids (water) and let my body actually recover from exercise. and this is what it is all about - perfect balance. Argh! theres that word again - balance!!!! Oh this will be hard to bare til I get home. once at home, I will be okay with not going to balance tonight.

So in short, i am looking forward to tomorrow.

Ciao!

7 comments:

Miss Positive said...

That sounds excellent Doris, great to hear that you are finding something that works for you!

Hilary xx

Magda said...

Hey Doris,

so happy to hear that things are going in the right direction for you. Woohoo!!

I'd love to know who your mysterious coach is!!

Cheers

Magda

Anonymous said...

Well done D !!!!
Awesome to hear there is movement happening. Proud of you.

xxx Sab

ss2306 said...

Hi Doris

Congrats on your results to date.

Have faith and trust "the boss". You are in the very best hands and will reap the rewards if you listen and follow.

Your body is really going to love you for all of this.

Have a great weekend. Looking forward to following your journey.

Luv Shelley

Anonymous said...

Great to hear Doris, keep it up. Erika

Em said...

Good on you D :)
Sounds like your doing a smashing job :)
Keep up the good work hun.
Em:)

Nicole said...

Awesome work Doris!! Fantastic results! Nicole xx